Anti Social Behaviour

Anti Social Behaviour
circle of happy people photo

Two HAppy Girls laughing photo

image spacer

Anti Social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is a behaviour that lacks consideration for others and may cause damage to the society, whether intentionally or through negligence, “acting in a manner that caused or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more people not of the same household” and as “behaviour that unreasonably interferes with other people’s rights to use their home and community” (Crime and Disorder Act 1998)

We can investigate types of anti-social behaviour such as alcohol and drug misuse, noise, neighbour disputes, intimidation and harassment, discrimination, vandalism and graffiti to our properties. We can work with the Police and your local Council to tackle complaints about anti-social behaviour, illegal activity or excessive noise problems.

If you are experiencing problems with a neighbour and are not sure if it is anti-social behaviour please contact our ASB Team for advice – 01202 541512

Should Roberts be unable to investigate a complaint due to the complaint being about a property not belonging to us, there are other legal options available by consulting a Solicitor or taking out a private injunction.

You can find further information and advice on anti-social behaviour by following the links to your local Council

How do you report anti-social behaviour to us?

In an emergency you should call the Police on 999

If it is not an emergency and you believe that you a victim of anti-social behaviour you can report it to us by:

  • Speaking to a member of the Maintenance Team on 01202 541512
  • Emailing your complaint to
  • Write to us at 158 Charminster Road, Bournemouth BH8 8UU
  • Visit the Office and request a private and confidential interview with our ASB Officer

We take your complaints seriously and will keep you informed of the status of your complaint as it is being investigated. To help us with each investigation we will ask you to log any incidents which may happen in an incident diary, this diary will then be used as supporting evidence.

Once the evidence is available and has been evaluated we will take appropriate action to enforce our Tenancy Agreement which may lead to the tenant losing their home, the actions we may take to resolve your complaint could consist of:

  • Contacting the person causing the problem to discuss their behaviour
  • Working with Dorset Police or your local Council
  • Enter into an Acceptable Behaviour Contract with the person which is a signed agreement to rectify their behaviour
  • Apply for a Court Injunction
  • Issue a Notice to end their tenancy
  • When the Notice has expired we may apply to the Court for a Possession Order
  • We may use the service of a Court Bailiff

We will inform you if we are unable to progress your complaint any further,
this may be due to:

  • Lack of evidence or witnesses
  • Supporting evidence is not available when you are the only complainant
  • The perpetrator is unknown

How can you help?

Your neighbour may not be aware of the problems they are causing. If you feel comfortable, speak to your neighbour in the first instance before reporting your complaint, remember to:

  • Keep calm and not shout or swear, this will only make the situation worse
  • Explain the problems you are experiencing and how it affects you
  • Listen to the other person
  • If possible agree a solution and keep to any promises you have made
  • If you are a victim of crime we would encourage you to report it to the Police.

For more information including contact numbers for your local police station or to report a crime follow the link to

For any more information on anti-social behaviour or Victim Support, visit

  image spacer